Compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) is crucial to ensure equal access is provided for people with disabilities. Owners of businesses and facilities that are not in compliance with ADA regulations can be fined by code enforcement officials and could be sued if someone is injured on their property.
PaveCo National provides work that meets ADA. We take into account the four main points of ADA compliance when inspecting or designing a property: dimensions, signage, pavement marking and pavement slope. Whether you are starting a project from scratch or want to update an existing parking lot or facility, PaveCo National can help.
Keeping Up to the Safety Code
There are many factors designated by law to help you to keep your company’s driveways, parking lots and pavement safe for everyone, including people with disabilities. First of all, you should ensure that your asphalt is properly maintained. Here are some other things PaveCo can install to keep you in compliance with all safety codes, including ADA:
- Traffic signs: We guarantee only the best-quality traffic signs with high visibility in all conditions will be installed on your property.
- U-channel posts: Our U-channel posts will carry your signs no matter the weather conditions. Built to be sturdy and reliable, these will help display signs and keep people safe on your property.
- Stop signs and directional signs: These signs help keep traffic moving quickly and safely. They’re highly reflective for increased visibility and meet all D.O.T standards.
- RediMats: These mats are anti-slip and ideal to prevent falls on handicap ramps.
- Speed bumps: Having speed bumps in place will assist in slowing traffic, which imp[roves overall safety.
- Bollard covers: These are available in reflective and non-reflective and are in an orange tape that is durable and easy to see.
- Handicap Designated Parking: PaveCo follows ADA guidelines and assures your company is in compliance with regulations.
- No Parking Fire Lanes: This designated area is crucial in the event of a fire emergency and can be used as a muster point for fire wardens to organize evacuations. It ensures that firefighters have adequate access to the building for fast response during emergency situations.
PaveCo National’s signs are high-intensity, highly reflective and DOT- and ADA-compliant. We provide signage and safety device installation services throughout Florida for parking lots and facilities of all sizes.